Bursting with rich buttery garlic flavor and tender chicken thighs, this is a one pot chicken and rice dinner guaranteed to impress even the pickiest eaters!
- 6 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 1-1/2 cups low-sodium, fat free chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, or any other dried herbs of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Season chicken thighs with paprika, dried thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Add butter to a large oven-safe skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Stir in diced onions and garlic; cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until garlic is lightly browned, stirring VERY frequently. DO NOT burn the garlic.
- Get full recipe==>>diethood.com
Use bone-in skinless chicken thighs; with skin-on, the dish turns out very greasy. We also want to use bone-in thighs because they will cook in the same time as the rice.
White Long Grain Rice, Basmati and Jasmine Rice all work well with this recipe.
If you'd like to use brown rice, leave it in the oven, covered, for 45 minutes, then bake uncovered for about 15 minutes, or until rice is cooked.